Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy Four Year Wedding Anniversary





























Four years ago today, on a beautiful Sunday evening, Alex and I got married at sunset. You would think for a classical musician,I would've been conventional and have a string ensemble play Pachelbel's Canon in D. But I went for a "techno-y flamenco-y style remix" version of Shubert's Serenade by Tosca. I can't find an online example of the song, except for in it's original version HERE. The version I picked wasn't as melancholy as the way Schubert wrote the original. But it's a beautiful melody that has always been stuck in my head since I was a child. When I hummed, I would sing a tune close to this Serenade. And one day I heard Schubert's serenade and it reminded me so much of the tune stuck in my head! 
It's funny in a way to say that Alex and I are celebrating four years, since we started dating when I was 19 (10 years ago!) But in many ways I still feel like the giddy teenager who thinks Alex is just the coolest person ever. 
So my dear husband, this post is dedicated to you. Thank you for growing up with me into the people we are today, thank you for choosing me to be your lifelong adoring partner, and I can't wait to see where the next many years of marriage brings us on this journey! 
I told Alex I purposely picked July 3rd to get married because it feels like everyone is celebrating! Fireworks will explode in the sky! Sparklers will magically sizzle and sparkle like fairy wands in people's hands. And it's a holiday weekend!  HAPPY 4 YEAR ANNIVERSARY ALEX. I love you.

No comments: