Friday, July 10, 2009

This One's for you Dad!

With four guitar/vocal students lined up this fall, I've been practicing my guitar every day! Alex has been working late hours downstairs and I told him the other night "You know Alex, with you working so late, it's just going to make me more of an AWESOME guitar player!" I bought a capo the other day, so now I can play some Coldplay and other fun songs in different keys. This Bob Marley song required me to put the capo on my 3rd fret. I know I have a long way to go before I truly am an "awesome guitar player", but the thing is, I have never picked up a guitar and tried to learn it in my almost 30 years of existence. I grew up in a household with the world's best guitarist. And I jammed with dad on my violin. The guitar and violin are such a great duo I think it deterred me from wanting to try duo guitars with him. So this is me on my guitar after a week of self teaching. I want to squeeze in some lessons with dad when I go out to Seattle this summer!

No comments: