Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Talented Mr. Gregory!



Just like NPR, I thought I would post a little musical interlude in between postings. Tonight's mini performance is brought to you by one of my shining star students, Gregory age 14. He has been my student for almost 5 years. Translation: he has only had serious piano training for FIVE years. This kid went from beginning Faber method books, to Green Corn Dance, to Fur Elise, to college level Sonata's, to Franz Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2. I asked him at one point if his goal is to become MY teacher. While it would require much more personal practice to gain demonstration comfortability on my part as the teacher, luckily I am still able to inspire him to practice; constantly believe that he is capable of playing absolutely anything (when others may discourage him from attempting such mature pieces at his age); help with shaping and phrasing; and simply be an extra set of eyeballs and hands at times to help him reach all his goals and dreams. I am so proud to have such wonderful and talented students. My entire day is full of singing, ringing, and stringing!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hooray, Mr. Gregory! LOVE the musical interludes, lady! Keep up the great bloggage. And AWESOMENESS about the solar panels. Do you think we can start harvesting Washington Rain to do stuff?!

Unknown said...

Bob an I loved listening to your piano blog! Hope to see you in CT.

Jeanette and Bob Mobeck