Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Handy Gal Jessie's 6 simple steps to installing a hose bib

                             1. Place a "saddle" over your irrigation pipe line
                     2. Tighten nuts and bolts on each side of the saddle
3. Drill a hole in the center ring of the saddle.
4. Apply teflon tape to the bottom of the hose bib
5. Twist the hose bib into the hole of the saddle
     6. Attach the hole to the faucet and Voila! You've got yourself a working hose!


OK this isn't the most exciting St. Patrick's Day. Alex is currently on Oahu studying to take his LEED exam tomorrow. I forgot to wear green today and was subsequently pinched by all my little green munchkin students. I told them I don't have to wear green. I have some actual Irish blood running through my veins, thanks to Great Grandmother Isobel Greene! See, there is even Greene is my family name! Today is Alex's Grandma Ruth's wedding anniversary. I wanted to honor them and marry my 100% Irish husband (OK he's a little bit Welch too) on St. Patty's day in '05, but it was a horrible time for relatives to come out for a Hawaii visit. Summer deemed a more suitable time and worked out splendidly. 
I wish all my readers a very lucky St. Patrick's Day! 

No comments: