Monday, June 8, 2009

The Poseidon Adventures

Fujifilm FinePix Z33WP 10 MP WATERPROOF digital camera with 3X Optical Zoom in Green

So those mermaids may be having a blast underwater with my late Nikon Coolpix camera. But Alex helped me figure out a way to outsmart the Loch Ness Monster, Flipper, Baby Balooga, and any other mythical sea creature eager to get their fins on my camera again! WATERPROOF! WITH a flotation strap attachment. It should arrive in 7-9 business days. This weekend we escaped Waimea rain by driving 15 minutes to the coast where it was hot and sunny. We were bombarded by sea turtles (Moki is PETRIFIED by sea turtles by the way and it really is a hilarious sight) and an eel caught scent of Moki and FLEW out of the water. I've never seen an Eel kick up her heels and scadaddle like that before (standing a foot out of water high tailing it out of the shallow end) But hopefully in a few weeks I can capture these wilderness adventures on waterproof film!

1 comment:

Bookwerme said...

Never a camera when you need one...your verbal descriptions certainly make me want to SEE these antics!