Sunday, June 21, 2009

Not just a music teacher...


I write jingles and theme songs too! 
My friend Heather is the author of the published children's book Human Body Detectives. Click HERE to see more information on Amazon.com!
Her second book "Battle of the Bugs" (which I had the honor of naming!) is in the works and she asked me to write lyrics and a theme song. It has been my summer creative outlet project. In TWO DAYS we will all go into a professional studio (Lava Tracks Studio) to do a final recording! Lava Tracks Studio is owned by the Hawaiian artist who won a GRAMMY and also played at Obama's inauguration! I will take pictures and post them Thursday!
I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to upload just a simple itunes song onto my Blog. But I figured out a way to side step this problem. I figured out how to make an iMovie on my computer. It needed to be a silent film so I recorded a windy day we had yesterday. I looped the video track over and over again (very boring I know, but the POINT is so you can hear the theme song!) and I added the Theme Song as the video's "music". So until I learn how to just upload a song without a video to go along, I will be making these "silent films" to share my music with you. My theme song was written using the Garage band program. I laid drum tracks down, and rock guitar beats. You get the drift. So sit back and enjoy my soon to be published Theme Song "Human Body Detectives"!  

1 comment:

Jenny said...

It's a hit!!! Not that I have the pickiest critics on the blog -- but my 3 and 5 1/2 year old boys were TOTALLY rocking out!! :) SO FUN! Keep the tracks a-comin'!!