Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cooking with Giada Jessie

Life seems to finally be at a nice calm stand still for me (unfortunately not for my busy bee husband who has been working 19 hour days and flying back and forth to Maui) I have survived a crazy X-mas vacation; discovered my sister's newfound Korean family; battled my school's version of Bubonic Plague that wiped out half the teacher/ student body; successfully performed my school production of Cirque du Hualalai and am now officially in the final leg of completing the 2007-2008 school year; and I am pretty sure I got over having major buyers remorse after overextending ourselves by investing in a down market.  The last big milestones for this year (oh by the way, I view time in terms of school years due to my teacher status) are performing in the Kamuela Philharmonic Symphony this weekend (a weekend of 15 hours of playing violin); putting on an adorable piano/violin recital for my little prodigies April 12th; and playing violin for 2 friends weddings this summer. Annnd I'll probably spend every free moment of breathing time chopping down trees and playing Jessie the Lumberjack. It's my birthday in April and I can already feel myself evolving and maturing as a person. I am READING a book right now. That's right, Jessie is capable of reading something other than music! I'm a downright bookworm, complete with my reading glasses. I think I could really get into Jodi Picoult's literature. Her book "My Sister's Keeper" is quite the page turner. And as you can see from my picture, I'm even finding time to bake. Let's hope the storm is over (and let's NOT hope this is simply the calm before the storm!) 

1 comment:

jennafoto@yahoo.com said...

that's one monster avocado!