Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Grinch Stole X-mas Tree


I have received lots of questions about how my little family is doing. I need to take more pictures of my host daughter! I haven't been good with the camera lately. She helped me decorate the tree last weekend for my faculty and staff holiday party hosted at our house. The tree looks a bit like the Grinch Stole X-mas Tree. It's potted and it's from our yard. Still, it stands at about 5 foot 6!
Our host kid is on winter vacation from school and will have a few weeks free! Alex and I will take X-mas Eve to Sunday off from work and New Years eve to Sunday off as well so we will squeeze in family hikes, BBQ's, and social friend time. I think New Years eve we will all go to Volcano with our friends Charles, Hilke, and their 4 kids for a great family bash! Charles and Hilke have a 15 year old daughter who will be perfect company!
I told Tehniyat that when school resumes I would love to see her join a sports team, try out for a play, join an after school club, have her friends come over, and go to her friends houses. There is so much out there to experience and I want her to be more involved. Yes I know I was an incredible overachiever in high school, did as many activities as I possibly could, was a member of almost every school club (except the chess club), and was my senior class Prom Queen. But I really think that kind of a high school experience made me who I am today. Yes we are young hip fun parents, but it's important that she socialized with her peers.These are all life skills and she would be taking back an incredible once in a lifetime experience. She is such a bright, intelligent, funny girl! So stay tuned for more Wacky Woodbury stories and pictures as we embark on winter vacation!

No comments: