Friday, April 3, 2009

Go Fish!





Alex went fishing last weekend and he caught a 70 pound Ono! As you can see, it was almost as tall as he is! As a Seattleite, I am used to the sweet moist taste of Salmon and the buttery flakey white Halibut so it took me awhile to get used to the tougher steakier Hawaiian fish. But Ono is a favorite now. We made ceviche and pancetta wrapped ono all week! 
Blogging will be difficult this week because my parents arrived in Hawaii on Tuesday! Whenever we have company it is so easy to instantly slip into vacation mode. I am already two shades darker and it's only been 48 hours. We spent all day yesterday at Hapuna Beach. And last night Dad and I played music for open mic night at Tako Taco and had a great time.We are scheduled to play again next Thursday. I'll upload pictures and videos. Also on the agenda, Alex is taking my dad fishing this Sunday on our friends boat again. I hope he's as lucky as he was last week! 

No comments: