Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This week in pictures


        The Salerno Woodbury family on our horses at Waipi'o Valley's look out ridge
 Daddy-O's wanted to see a waterfall so badly on his trip and he finally saw one 2 days before departure!
                 Walking the horses out to the ridge line
In order of appearance: Trainer, Dad, Alex, and Kristopher
      A happy mother in law and son in law in the hammock

Whenever company comes to town I suddenly remember that we live in Hawaii. I have spent two weeks sight seeing and playing tourist with my family. Was the sand always this white and the water always this turquoise?! The weather wasn't always the best during their stay, but we chased the sun as much as we could. Chances are if it's raining in Kona, it's sunny in Waimea, etc. etc. 

And please tell me why we haven't gone horse back riding in Waipi'o Valley before? After 6 years of living here? Alex was on the smallest most dominant alpha horse. I noticed that my horse had a bad attitude as well. Alex's horse walked by me and kicked my horse and then bit him. We were all on male horses. It just reminded me of a bunch of macho dudes who don't get along very well. The trainer came around to me and asked "Is Taro misbehaving?" and I replied "Well, we are working through our differences". 
I had a wonderful visit with my family. Mom and Kristopher are still here for the rest of the week and my mom took some great photos. So stay tuned for more family fun photos!

No comments: