Friday, March 18, 2011

Jessie from Toy Story


Yesterday was a day of celebrities in our little town of Waimea. The woman who is the voice of Toy Story's Jessie The Yodeling Cowgirl hosted a party and they needed a fiddler. Click HERE to listen to Devon Dawson sing Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl (and see pictures of her as well). She is just an adorably fiesty red head! Funny that the character Jessie has red hair too. Dawson is staying at our friends vacation rental. So when our friends said "The voice of the cowgirl from Toy Story is looking for a fiddler to play at her party", I gasped and said "You mean...Jessie?? Jessie from Toy Story??" and our friend said "Oh, you...know this movie? I brought my shiny Toy Story piano book and a sharpie for an autograph! I showed up at the party with my fiddle, feeling sort of shy, when I heard her say in the mic "I sure wish we had a fiddler up here!" so I jumped right in.
Also yesterday, I was talking to a friend about famous people and she said "Yeah, it took me forever to realize the woman I was talking to at a party was a character from FRIENDS!" I said "Oh I heard there was a Friends star living in Waimea. Which character was she?" and my friend said "Ross' ex wife Carol!" and the moment she said that, I immediately remembered a woman in my Nia dance class who always looked familiar. I said "I know that woman!! She was in my dance class!" I'm a Friends NUT so how I didn't put two and two together I have no idea!! I just thought she was a happy perky blond woman from Waimea in the class!

No comments: