Monday, March 7, 2011

Dress.Code.Violation


I have had a long time goal now of pairing music students with other music students. Sharing their music. Playing in a band. Building self esteem and confidence. Inspiring their peers. Giving them a healthy outlet to express themselves during the growing pains of middle and high school. As the band manager, I orchestrated our first rehearsal yesterday. I named the band Dress. Code. Violation (since they all go to private schools. I put periods in between the letters so that a google search doesn't bring up my blog) It features a 6th grader on guitar and vocals, an 8th grader on bass guitar, and a 9th grader on keyboards. We have a 6th grader lined up for drums as well but he was sick yesterday.
I am a very happy music teacher!

1 comment:

Bookwerme said...

I am sure they LOVE doing this! Sure makes music instruction more fun!