Thursday, March 25, 2010

Salerno Strings Recital


This evening 30 out of 75 students performed in my annual Salerno Strings Recital. The remaining 45 students are either located in Kona, are adults too scared to perform in my recital, or are on spring vacation! I am so proud of my students. There was not one single shaky nervous hand twinkling the ivories tonight! Everyone did such a beautiful job and the smile that filled their faces after accomplishing such a task was priceless.
This year I rented a church for my recital and it turned out to be the greatest idea ever. Because:
1. I didn't have to clean my house...Messy Jessie's House that is!
2. The church has plenty of folding chairs and pews.
3. The church has a piano.
4. The church also has a kitchen for dessert and juice after the recital.

All in all it turned out to be such a wonderful evening of music. I came home and Alex met me in the driveway and said "Go take a look down the private road". And there were my two little escape goats! They don't like anybody but me (they won't go near Alex!) So I got out of my car and just calmly walked down the road towards their pen, goats in tow. I've totally mastered this goat herding thing (No thanks to my herding dog Moki!!) If I'm just super calm and cool acting like nothing is wrong, they will follow me wherever I go. So I walked back into their pen, goats a follow, and noticed that part of the pen had collapsed (hence the e-scape goat adventure). I fixed the fence. Went back home, and now we are off to dinner to celebrate a wonderful day. I feel so unbelievably blessed to have the most amazing students and families in my life.

I saw a student posted a youtube video of her 1st grade daughters performance. You'll notice I'm squatting to play the duet part. I would have blocked all my students from the audience had I sat on a chair. Click HERE to watch a clip from the recital.


1 comment:

Mama Ter said...

The youtube vid is absolutely precious, made me cry. You are just special Jessica. I love you.