Monday, October 11, 2010

Kamuela Philharmonic


10/10/10 marked the start of Kamuela Philharmonic's 2010 Season. We performed the English composer Arnold's Flute Concerto and Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 6 Pathetique (unfortunately it was Tchaikovsky's "suicide note" so it was a very heavy and sad piece) You will notice that the first violin section (I'm wearing a brown flower in my hair) had only 5 violinists! Normally it calls for at least 15-20! Violinist number 6 (who sits next to our concert master in front of me) FELL in the parking lot the day before the concert right after rehearsal and dislocated his shoulder. We are playing "Planets" by Holst in January (mom and dad, you will miss the concert by 2 days! Darn! I didn't think to plan your vacation around my symphony. BUT I would have had to spend all weekend practicing so that wouldn't be fun! I'll post videos of each planet for you!)
Life is so busy teaching 76 private students. I'm having a recital the last week of October and the students will perform wearing Halloween costumes. I will soon be preparing my school students for our upcoming winter production of Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas! Stay tuned!

No comments: