Tuesday, May 26, 2009

You'd think we were landscapers!

We now have a clear view of the pond from the front porch
BEFORE PICTURE
AFTER PICTURE!
HOW WE REMOVED THE 150-200 POUND FERNS

I'm learning to remember to quickly grab my camera to take BEFORE pictures. I've been working on making this an automatic instinct for the past 10 years paling around with a Woodbury. In Bellingham, we'd rip apart a bathroom for a remodel and knee deep or after the project I'd shake my head and think "Why didn't I get a before picture?!" It's so fun to compare before and afters. We planted Hapu Ferns around the pond area 5 years ago, not thinking about how they grow into GIANT ferns very quickly. My parents say it feels like living in the movie "Honey I shrunk the kids" seeing the ferns tower above you. Well the ferns blocked the view of the pond from our front porch and crowded the pond area as well. So we did another mass transplant of well established greenery to the lot! We divided dozens of irises from our yard and alternated yellow and white iris clumps.

2 comments:

Mama Ter said...

You ARE landscapers. If you're not, I don't know who is! Isn't that the fun thing about gardening and landscaping...that you can change and edit and learn? Was one of the most liberating realizations for me...that nothing is permanent, if you grow tired of it, no worries.

Bookwerme said...

DITTO!!!!