Friday, May 9, 2008

Fiddlin' Around

Ah this is a music filled Mother's Day weekend. Several of my students made CD's as special gifts. After a busy day of teaching today, I zoom down to Hilo to play with the symphony from 7-10pm. Eeks! That is WAY past my bedtime. We are performing A night at the Opera concert on Saturday. I believe we even have opera singers performing as well. 
I cannot believe how fast this school year has flown by. I am going on my sixth year at Hualalai Academy. I have officially watched my original first grade class graduate to middle school! Is time really that fleeting? Last night Alex and I were talking the days of yore in Bellingham. He mentioned a certain memory of having friends over for dinner, and I looked at him blankly, not remembering that event. I told him that the days of Bellingham and college feel like a dream. A lifetime ago. And how fleeting those special times were. Time simply bogles me. Why are we moving so fast? What's the rush? I even have moments where I feel the day is moving about 15 minutes faster than I am moving. So this summer, savor each warm evening breeze. Stand still for just a moment and open your eyes. And like my grandma always told me "Don't hurry, don't worry, and don't forget to smell the roses". 

No comments: