Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Rocky Mountain Woodbillies

Our American Gothic Album cover
Luke Woodbury on Bass and Jessie Woodbury on Fiddle
My instrument certainly is the more portable of the two! Luckily Luke lives in Wyoming and drove to Winter Park with the stand up Bass in tow. I mailed him two duet books a few months ago to practice on our own. Playing duets with a Woodbury relative certainly was one of the many highlights of the reunion. And also a good sign: musical talent is found in the Woodbury family!! Our future child has a chance! I named our duo The Rocky Mountain Woodbillies. Here is a snippet of the tango we put together. I always keep wooden laundry line clips in my case to be prepared for any outdoor concert weather. Luke was so impressed at my preparedness that I gave him my clips as a parting gift. He was so touched and moved, so when you can't think of what to give somebody, sometimes something as simple as clips can suddenly be the greatest gift in the world!

No comments: